The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and the sacraments. (CCC 1113)
While we believe that human life is infused with the sacramental goodness of God, the Catholic Church has defined seven sacraments – instituted by and through the life of Jesus Christ. It is through the experience of the sacramental ritual that we are infused with God’s grace. The Sacraments nourish and strengthen us as they express and build up our faith.
Sacraments of initiation
- Baptism — becoming a Christian.
- Confirmation — confirming your baptismal promises; both lead to the Eucharist.
- Eucharist—gathering to be fed by the Word and by the Body and Blood of Christ.
Sacraments of Healing
- Reconciliation—becoming one with God and the community.
- Anointing of the Sick—offering support and strength for those who are ill.