Protecting God’s Children
The Safe Environment Initiative of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, and thus St. Alphonsus, has one goal – providing safe environments for all children and vulnerable adults. In light of this, the Initiative has mandated three requirements for all volunteers who have regular or unsupervised contact with children and/or vulnerable adults:
- Virtus – Protecting God’s Children for Adults Safe Environment Training
- Background Checks
- Volunteer’s Code of Conduct
A VIRTUS training session is a three hour awareness session which better equips adults to protect children in the world around them. It is required of all volunteers 18 and over who who have regular or unsupervised contact with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Visit virtus.org to complete the essential three.
- Begin by selecting “Registration” in the sidebar
- Select “St. Paul and Minneapolis (Archdiocese)” form the drop-down list
- Create your own “User ID” and “Password”
- Follow the screen prompts to continue the online registration.
- Ages 17 & under: Two Youth Background Evaluations & Code of Conduct.
- Ages 18 & older: Adult Background Check, Code of Conduct, & VIRTUS Training Session.
Contact Sarah Gerads at firstname.lastname@example.org with any Safety Environment related questions.